Tuesday, June 17, 2014

#transformationtuesday From a Blank Page to Opening Night: Sing After Storms - A New Play

Just about a month ago I featured my friend and playwright Christa Avampato in my blog, #transformationtuesday Christa in New York Sings After Storms.

I can't believe that tomorrow is opening night for the new play Sing After Storms.

Dr. Jack Young and his team are nominated for the Nobel Prize for the unconventional methods they use to treat patients and remove the stigma around mental illness. As the announcement of the award is made, legal allegations threaten to undermine Jack’s success in every facet of his life. Desperate to hold together his career, marriage, and family, Jack attempts to halt the unraveling of the reputation he has worked so hard to build by taking on one last patient.

I remember reading Christa's blog last summer as she talked about taking time and space in her temporary new home on the West Coast to dedicate to a writing project.

She shared in her blog that her play had been accepted and would be presented as part of the 2014 Thespis Theater Festival.

In May, I posted photos of the first table read of the play.

Last week, Christa shared photos from the tech rehearsal in the theater:

Pearl:



At the police station:



She's got legs - at the party:



Tell me Jack:



Christa - Director Passion:



I've decided to take another patient:



To healing:



How ya gonna fix this one Jack?:



Carol's missing:



Carol's got a gun:



Christa sent me the script to read and Sing After Storms will keep you on the edge of your seat. Christa weaves together themes that are sure to resonate in some way to each theater goer. The characters and the story line are sure to grip your heart and soul. It was thrilling for me to see the photos from the tech rehearsal as I watched the characters and the action of the play come to life before my very eyes.

Are you intrigued?

Are you in awe of how one woman's creative force has transformed a blank page into a theatrical production? I am!

Today is the last day to purchase your tickets at the discounted price of $10 on EventBrite. You can purchase tickets at the door for $20.

Performances are Wednesday 6/18 at 8:45 pm
Saturday 6/21 at 9:00 pm
Sunday 6/22 at 9:30 pm

If you are anywhere in the greater New York City area, be sure to catch one of the performances of Christa Avampato's Sing After Storms - A New Play.

I look forward to when the production comes to Boston!


No comments:

Followers