Well today marked Team McManus last long run before we run the Marathon - here are our Top Ten Quotes of what we actually said during our training runs:
10. We're almost there people.
9. Are you sure you calculated the miles right?
8. Where the f**** are we?
7. You're off the team (of 3 people)!
6. The Gu got all over everything.
5. What's for lunch (at 9 o'clock in the morning).
4. You're going too fast - wait for me!
3. This has got to be more than ____ miles.
2. Come on people (waving us to cross the street).
1. Are we there yet?
Look how lucky we were with the weather (if it started to rain/snow/sleet right when we finished).
STOP there's a penny.
I'm not talking to you.
Don't talk to me.
We're gonna run out of water.
Top Ten Reasons You Know You're Ready to Run Boston:
10. You realize you're running and not swimming, so you finally decide to shave your legs
9. You no longer ask to stop and get a muffin at Peets coffee.
8. You don't absent mindedly run into traffic watching your time and heart monitor.
7. Forty degrees feels warm.
6. You look forward to getting up early on Sat. and going for a long run.
5. You actually know the mileage calculations.
4. You don't hum Rocky's theme going up Heartbreak Hill
3. You can run 10.5 miles and not pee.
2. Running 10.5 miles feels like nothing.
1. You stop saying all the quotes (see above).
Well folks - we're ready!