Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Very Different Kind of Saturday - Two Days to Go

When my alarm went off at 7 am this morning, I had a sudden realization that there was no need to set my alarm clock. There was no reason to jump out of bed at 7 am, turn on the kettle for oatmeal, start my husband's coffee, pop in the toast, get my orange juice and load up the fuel belts; there was no reason to check the weather, see what I needed to wear and to make sure the other members of Team McManus were awake. This is the first Saturday in a year that Team McManus got to relax on a Saturday -- but it was a bit of a challenge to relax knowing that in just 48 hours, we will be taking our place at the starting line of the 113th Boston Marathon.

I am so blessed with God's grace - an early start, an incredible outpouring of emails and Tweets and phone calls ... As we drove into Boston to the Race Expo, streets were blocked, cars were backed up and it looked as though there were no parking spaces to be had. We were considering driving out to Beacon Street and taking the train in but as someone pulled into a parking space across the street, I knew to be patient, have faith and to know that one would open up. I learned a long time ago about manifesting parking spaces - rather than focus on ooh I just missed that one, I know there is abundance for all. {I even have a poem in my book of Inspirational Poetry called "Abundance for All" using parking spaces as a wonderful metaphor for life's lessons}. And a parking space did open up - right around the corner from the Hynes Convention Center where we needed to go. We were looking for Team Hoyt and went down an aisle to find Colin, my friend from Mizuno. He apologized for not having sent out my package of goodies and gave us gloves and t shirts - so cool and hugged us and wished us all a great day on Monday. We even got to see Tommy and Dottie Kelley again (we met them on our return trip from Puerto Rico in January - that's Johnny Kelley's nephew for those who are new to my blog). They were volunteering and handing out numbers. We were looking everywhere for them and just as we were about to leave - there they were right at the entrance to the number pick up.

Synchronicity and synergy abound and Team McManus is ready to take their place at the start of the 113th Boston Marathon and to celebrate the journey of 26.2 miles to the finish line on Boylston Street on Monday, April 20th, 2009 - oh and to all the front runners - don't be lulled into a sense of security when you pass us on the course - we're gonna pour it on when we get to Boylston Street! Here's to a safe and happy run for all the runners in the 113th Boston Marathon - 13 is a very lucky number!

God bless and see you at the finish line!
Mary

To order a copy of my book of inspirational poetry, "New World Greetings:Inspirational Poetry and Musings for a New World" visit www.newworldgreetings.com I donate 20% to Spaulding Rehab's International Rehab Center for Polio.

Mother's Day, graduations, weddings and more
Order customized poetry you won't find in the store
Visit www.newworldgreetings.com and welcome to a new world of greeting cards - "It's more than a card, it's a gift from the heart."

No comments:

Followers