Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland



We had the first snowfall of the season yesterday. Last winter I did not dare venture out but this winter - look out! I've been embracing the cold weather but was I ready for a little snow? Oh yeah baby. My daughter is home from college for winter vacation and we decided to go to the place where we trained for the '09 Boston Marathon and where the path is cleared and sanded - Jamaica Pond. If you go back through my blog you'll see many posts about our training runs there. Fond memories for sure - like when Tom 'lost' me thinking I had gone into the woods to go to the bathroom. How do you lose someone at a Pond which is in a circle? It wasn't easy trust me.

So I layered and walked through the snow outside my house. It is an indescribable feeling to feel alive in winter. Sure I went out during winter training for the marathon but did I feel alive? No it was an incredible challenge and something to be endured. Today I felt alive and invigorated. Of course just having nailed a PR on Sunday contributed to this feeling,

The path around Jamaica Pond was only partially cleared but it was sanded so I knew it was safe for us to do a power walk. I was not interested in time at all but just being outside feeling the winter frost embrace my face and seeing the beautiful landscape of winter was magical! As it turned out, we did 3.2 miles in 50 minutes which, as Daily Mile tells me is a 15:40 minute pace. Pretty incredible!

I am so excited about Christmas and New Year's this year. We have many exciting plans. Christmas Day, my husband and daughter surprised me with tickets to Jersey Boys at the Colonial Theater. On the 26th we are doing our Satellite 6.1 mile Run for @operationjack and that evening we are joining two dear friends for dinner and karaoke. I am so blessed and hope that you are savoring every moment of this holiday season.

Even after Christmas, it's great to choose gifts that give so be sure to visit my Holiday Gift ideas at my website.

God bless, be well and live like you were dyin'
Blessings from my heart to yours with love,
Mary

No comments:

Followers