Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Training Run in the Fall

When my alarm went off at 7 am the sun was just beginning to rise. I rolled over and checked the temperature on my phone - 54 degrees. Not bad but it wasn't the upper 60 degree temps that has spoiled all of us New Englanders in late October. I felt so happy and grateful that I was getting up early feeling completely recharged after a good night's sleep and going on my training run with Tom. He has to work late tonight so we wouldn't be able to get to Marathon Sports Brookline Run Group our go to place for our Wednesday training runs.

I was so grateful that I had the proper gear to layer for the training run. I overdid it with the Thorlo socks but was glad to have my headband ear warmer and gloves to start. Ellen Gabriel, the store manager at Brookline Marathon Sports gave me the perfect layers for Fall training and I can add one more layer as the winter chill sets in.

After Sunday's training run for the Feaster Five with all of its hills, the twice around flat course for the Route 9 Reservoir seemed easy. I felt really good in my body and we ended up doing a sub 15 minute/mile pace for 3.4 miles.

I share with you these magnificent photos of our Training Run in the Fall!








No comments:

Followers