Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blessing The Journey

God is blessing our journey...this morning, we woke up to torrential downpours...the weather forecast said torrential rain and wind all day but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny although colder. I kept saying I am going to look beyond appearances and not listen to the forecast. The temperature was a balmy 60 degrees and I'd rather run in warm and rain than cold and sun....so I said a prayer to God thanking Her for making the rain stop. My husband said, let's say a prayer thanking God that we can run in the rain! When we arrived at our running site, the rain had stopped. After about two hours into our run, the skies opened up and it poured for maybe 2 or 3 minutes and then the sun peeked out through the clouds and we had no more rain during the run. My daughter tried to catch the falling leaves as we ran around the Pond...were we not training for the Marathon we would not know this joy and it is wonderful to share it all with you!
I have never known unbridled joy coupled with such incredible hard work! Today was a milestone...we ran for 13 miles and then had to walk another mile to go back to our car...this week I have put 22 miles on these beautiful legs...and I am so grateful to God for blessing our journey. Five months and five days to Marathon Monday! Wow!

No comments:

Followers