Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Training Day

The scales are falling from my eyes and I see Truth...I shed the beliefs that no longer serve me that support me being less than Divine, less than beautiful, less than a radiant Spirit, less than capable of whatever I put my mind and heart to, that creates problems and crises out of 'thin air'. Instead, I focus my eyes on God, our Loving Creator, the powerful Source of life within me. It is this force that enabled me to, at 3 pm yesterday afternoon, to go outside in the 29 degree wind chill temperatures and run with my daughter. We had an amazing training session - we ran more hills than ever as my daughter chose a rather rigorous route after we sprinted up and down our 'usual' hills. Going out and running is a way for me to feel empowered and to connect with the Divine Force within me. It's an integral part of my transformational process - mind, body and spirit as I push myself to do and be more than I was the week before. I transcend the physical by focusing on spiritual and mental toughness. At times do I want to just sit and revert to old, familiar comfortable roles...you bet I do! What do I do to conquer that? I move forward in joy celebrating ME...celebrating all that I meant to BE...and to take the challenge to live my life as fully as I possibly can. To let words flow from my soul to create joy for others through customized poetry and through the words of poems already written. I am so blessed that I touch people's hearts and souls through my words. Darien Marshall and Darius Jones of Its All About You on www.blogtalkradio.com/itsallaboutyou and Darimar Entertainment, now talk about reading my poems as part of the tradition of their show! And the joy of donating poetry to Jordan Rich's 2009 For the Children Calendar which will benefit Childrens Hospital Blessing Fund (www.jordanrich.com). I have met so many beautiful people on this journey...confession - I do get really anxious when I connect with people at this higher vibration...and I realized that this anxiety comes from that kernal of untruth at my core that believes I am not worthy to be hangin' out with the likes of Jordan Rich or Jennifer Skiff or Michelle Epiphany Prosser who celebrate me and whom I celebrate...sure...it's easier to retreat into relationships in which I have to 'work' to be recognized and then of course, there's never enough or it doesn't happen - it's easier because it is familiar like an old shoe. (And if you would like to read a poem about The Old Shoe, you'll have to check out my book, "New World Greetings:Inspirational Poetry and Musings for a New World" - I donate 20% to the Spaulding Rehab's International Rehab Center for Polio) But you know what? It does not reap the rewards of living life with the Divine! My energy comes alive when I go out and run (even in the cold - especially in the cold). When I was dealing with symptoms of post polio syndrome, cold was my arch enemy...I would shiver and feel the pain in my bones...now I have Divine Protection (along with some fabulous equipment from Marathon Sports here in Brookline). And it is this Divine Protection which guides me every day when I open my heart to receive all the love, all the joy, all the bounty, all the wisdom and inspired action to go forth and be a shining light of God's beacon of love!

No comments:

Followers