Saturday, December 28, 2013

Countdown to a New Year



After being in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel during the Boston Marathon bombings, life changed dramatically for me as it did for everyone whose lives were touched by the events of April 15, 2013.

The explosions opened up the portal for me to experience my own trauma history in a new way. I learned what it means to be Boston Strong.

I published a trilogy of poetry books this year inspired by my healing journey:

I bought my first pair of Vibrams



and now run in a minimalist running shoe:

I returned to the roads and to the running community where we celebrate and heal in the aftermath of 4/15/2013 running the Brookline Symphony Orchestra 5K Fun Run & Walk, my first race in 2 years:

and the Feaster Five on Thanksgiving morning:


In 2014, I will publish my memoir, "Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility."

I plan to run the Tufts 2014 10K and build my miles.

I will continue to heal and grow with the help of the wonderful Aquatics Therapy program at Spaulding Rehab where I began to find my strength again in 2013.

I will be putting my fund raising hat back on to support Greg Gordon and Karis Antokal's 2014 Boston Marathon run for Spaulding and plan to volunteer with the Development Office as we countdown the days to the Boston Marathon.

I will continue to share my message of healing, hope and possibility through my blog and in the way I live my life.

I am blessed and grateful for all that 2013 taught me and the place where it brought me as I begin a new decade of my life. I am excited for 2014!










No comments:

Followers