Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Healing Miracle

I was supposed to do a 3 mile gentle run outside today; when I woke up the temps were, with the wind chill, 14 degrees. It was a sign for me that I should do cross training. Since I was still a little sore from our 20 mile run on Saturday, it made a lot of sense. My trainer was emphatic about taking it easy this week in preparation for our longest run yet - so I figured that 5 miles on the bike was equivalent to 3 miles outside. A part of me wanted to peddle as fast as I could and then I remembered - it's done. The cardiovascular training, the hill training, the speed drills, the intense pushing and challenging myself - it's all done and this body is primed and ready to go. Gentle runs, one more long run and then the all important taper....

I am so blessed to have met Diana Cullum-Dugan at the Women in Business Luncheon I attended last week. As it turns out, she worked with my personal trainer, Janine Hightower at Boston Medical Center - yes it is a small world. Diana is going to do a yoga session for the Race for Rehab team to help us prepare spiritually for our 26 mile journey (as she calls it). {If any of you are in the Boston area and are interested in experiencing an amazing yoga instructor and nutritionist all rolled into one, you can email her are dianacullumdugan@rcn.com}. I am incorporating more yoga and breathing into my stretching routine allowing God's energy to flow down to my toes and then I draw up God's energy from the earth below; I feel God's love and light flowing through me giving me all the energy, strength, courage and determination I need to run 26.2 miles.

Today I picked up the letter stating that I had been diagnosed with post polio syndrome from Spaulding Rehab's International Rehab Center for Polio to enable Team McManus to have an early start. I found myself feeling extremely tense driving out to Framingham and to counter this feeling, I visualized Marathon Day. Seeing signs for the towns we'll pass along the way was extremely supportive to my visualization - Wellesley, Natick & Framingham. I thought of the towns we will run through - Hopkinton, Ashland, Framingham, Wellesley, Natick, Newton, Brookline and then home to Boston! I realize that I am so blessed to have made this miraculous recovery from a diagnosis which is a progressive neurological disease. With all of the fund raising and all of the training, this is the first moment I have had to reflect and fully appreciate this miracle. I drink in God's love as the nectar far greater than any Power Gel to continue to allow my body to heal. I am enjoying each and every moment as the anticipation of Spring is in the air and Team McManus will burst forth in our glory as the gun is fired to signal the start of the 113th Boston Marathon.

To be inspired by my gift of poetry, you can purchase a copy of my book of inspirational poetry, "New World Greetings:Inspirational Poetry and Musings for a New World" through my website at www.newworldgreetings.com or wherever books are sold.

Spring and summer is the time for so many holidays and celebrations - be sure to order your customized poetry at www.newworldgreetings.com

Have you checked out www.divatoolbox.com yet? It's overflowing with information, inspiration and ideas and I am a featured author.

No comments:

Followers