Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ode to Training for the Boston Marathon 2009

Ode to Marathon Training - March 22, 2009

Blisters, black toes, aches and pains
A change in my routine
Long training runs, the hills, the sprints
Keep running clothes fresh and clean.
Carbo load and plan each meal
Power gels and gatorade
No matter what the weather
No time to be afraid.
Humid – hot or freezing cold
Snow against the face
Wind or sun or raining
Those running shoes I must lace.
What mile is this how long we been out
Check heart rate drink H20
Meltdowns joys and triumphs
Only a few more weeks to go.
Heartbreak Hill won't break my heart
This year has been the best
Found myself and made new friends
I feel incredibly blessed.

If you would like me to create customized poetry for you, go to www.newworldgreetings.com and check out my samples. You can also order my book of inspirational poetry, "New World Greetings:Inspirational Poetry and Musings for a New World". I donate 20% to Spaulding Rehab's Polio Fund

Followers